[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ .NET client BasicConsume and HandleBasicDeliver question

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jun 15 12:03:29 BST 2011

Hi,

Prefetch count limits the number of unacknowledged messages, so you
would need to acknowledge the last message to get the next one if the
prefetch count was set to 1.

You should never need to close the channel for flow control. You can use
IModel.ChannelFlow() if you need to temporarily stop the broker from
delivering messages. This works independently from the prefetch count.

-Emile