[rabbitmq-discuss] Management plugin throwing "cannot read property" errors

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Jun 10 19:15:59 BST 2011

On 10/06/2011 7:03PM, Matthias Radestock wrote:
> On 10/06/11 18:56, Jason J. W. Williams wrote:
>> From the "Generic server rabbit_mgmt_db terminating" message I assumed
>> that was related to Simon's mention that the behavior I saw is caused
>> by the management plugin database terminating....
>
> Right, except rabbit_mgmt_db terminated because it couldn't load the
> xmerl_ucs module.
>
>> We're running Erlang R13B03 on this box.
>
> Hmm. xmerl_ucs should definitely be in that.

xmerl is sometimes packaged separately (Debian, Ubuntu).

Mind you, I thought we sorted that out on 2.4.1, we changed the deb
packaging to pull in all of Erlang in case plugins needed bits the
server didn't.

Jason, which OS is this? How is Erlang installed? Is there an
erlang-xmerl package you could install?

Cheers, Simon