[rabbitmq-discuss] message rates moving averages

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Jun 3 10:47:39 BST 2011

On 03/06/11 01:33, Sébastien Rainville wrote:
> Is there a way to have a moving average of the rate that is greater than
> what it is now, something like the load 1, 5 and 15 in linux? I looked
> at configuration options but didn't find any for that...

I'm afraid not. The message rate is just sampled over the last five
seconds. Adding longer-period moving averages is on the to-do list, but
at quite a low priority.

> (btw, unless I
> missed something, rabbitmq configuration is really obscure)

Yeah, that could be improved too. But all the configuration for the
management plugin is documented at http://www.rabbitmq.com/management.html

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen