[rabbitmq-discuss] Treating the Ack Message

Marcus Vinitius Baffa mbaffa at opus.com.br
Thu Jun 2 13:43:50 BST 2011

Hi,

I am new to RabbitMQ and I am starting with test and prototypes. I have
pretty basic questions:

1)      When the client sends a message to a service and the server
crashes before it can send back the ack to the client the message stays
in the queue.

How can the client know the message has not been received, by a timeout
???

2)      In this case when the server runs again I would like to clear
all the messages not received.

What could be the best practice to treat this problems.

Thanks in advance.