[rabbitmq-discuss] Plugins fail to load

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Sat Jul 30 14:43:35 BST 2011

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 12:34:24AM -0700, drew wrote:
> I've put all the required files for the management plugin into /usr/
> lib/rabbitmq/lib/rabbitmq_server-2.5.1/plugins and restarted rabbitmq.
> However no plugins are loaded and there is no mention of plugins being
> loaded in the log files.

Which plugins are you trying to install? Which files have you placed in
the plugins directory? What does the startup log say? In particular,
there should be lines that look a bit like:

Copyright (C) 2007-2011 VMware, Inc.
Licensed under the MPL.  See http://www.rabbitmq.com/

node           : rabbit at koba
app descriptor :
/home/matthew/rabbitmq-umbrella/rabbitmq-server/scripts/../ebin/rabbit.app
home dir       : /home/matthew
config file(s) : /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.config
cookie hash    : ccGTTVV6GNSUxPewIZAXjg==
log            : /tmp/rabbit at koba.log
sasl log       : /tmp/rabbit at koba-sasl.log
database dir   : /tmp/rabbitmq-rabbit-mnesia
erlang version : 5.8.3

though with different paths. What are those paths?

Matthew