[rabbitmq-discuss] channel.flow calls causing code 541 INTERNAL_ERROR

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Fri Jul 29 17:01:15 BST 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 04:57:15PM +0100, Cameron Harris wrote:
> Varies from app to app, but for certain things, we're after as high
> throughput as we can get on our hardware (f.ex. at least 50 000 per
> second for one of our applications). The lower the messages
> throughput, the more complicated our client code needs to be, so we're
> trying to get throughput as high as we can on our hardware.

Interesting - ok, yes, that certainly is sufficiently high as to be
beyond the capability of rabbit on non-exotic hardware with acks turned
on. Ultimately you'll find that a single queue will become your
bottleneck as queues are individually single-threaded. Thus you might
find that you can scale better by having multiple queues for the same
purpose and spreading your publishes across them. Of course, you need to
be careful about which ordering guarantees you may start to lose...

Matthew