[rabbitmq-discuss] Installing the service on Windows 7

Jamie McIlroy jamie at durablemethods.com
Thu Jul 28 15:12:37 BST 2011

New to rabbit mq and erlang.
I can run the rabbitmq server from the command line.  I can produce and
consume messages from the broker when running the server in this way.  I'd
like to run it as a service but when I try the install scrip, I get the
following output:

c:\Program Files (x86)\rabbitmq_server-2.5.1\sbin>rabbitmq-service.bat
install
C:\Program Files (x86)\erl5.8.4\erts-5.8.4\bin\erlsrv: Unable to register
servic
e with service manager.
Error: Access is denied.
Activating RabbitMQ plugins ...
0 plugins activated:

C:\Program Files (x86)\erl5.8.4\erts-5.8.4\bin\erlsrv: No service with the
name
RabbitMQ exists.

Is there any way to know what access is getting denied?