[rabbitmq-discuss] Building addins on Windows

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jul 25 10:06:34 BST 2011

Hi Simone,

On 24/07/11 17:03, Simone Busoli wrote:
> When invoking escript.exe from the win command line it works, while
> invoking it from cygwin always gives "Failed to open file ...". It looks
> like escript windows version doesn't play nice with cygwin.

My apologies - I should have checked first. It looks like not all the
latest build scripts work on Cygwin. Part of the problem is the way that
paths are constructed. Another is that escript treats empty arguments
differently on Windows. I will file a bug.

> That said, if I didn't have to build server and erlando I may be able to
> build the shovel addin, but I could not figure out how to point it to my
> existing server binaries.

You should drop the *.ez files in the server plugins/ directory.

I understand that you are now building successfully on Ubuntu. That
would have been my suggested workaround.

-Emile