[rabbitmq-discuss] PHP message receiving code.

Andrew aph at repido.co.uk
Fri Jul 22 09:00:52 BST 2011

Hi there,

Apologies if this is a rather basic question but I'm not sure how to
tackle the implementation of part of a solution using RabbitMQ with
PHP and AMQP library on Linux.

I have a component on Linux that will receive messages from a web
site. This component will process each message, performing DB updates
depending on the message contents. My question is around how this
receiving software should poll for messages from RabbitMQ. I wondered
if there is some call-back mechanism that is invoked when a message is
received, though I haven't found anything on this, or do I implement
my receiving software as a daemon that periodically polls the message
queue and processes messages when there are detected in the queue?

If the latter is the case can anybody point me to some guidelines on a
good approach for implementing such a daemon?

Many thanks,
Andrew