[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ-C: amqp_simple_rpc blocks waiting for frames already received

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jul 21 15:22:39 BST 2011

Clint Miller <clint at rtcreativegroup.com> writes:
> I'm actually using the community supported C++ client available here:
> https://github.com/akalend/amqpcpp

I'm afraid I have never looked closely at that client.

> As best as I can tell, that's the most current/up-to-date
> version. However, when I'm reading the source, I do see that it DOES
> NOT call the amqp_basic_* functions. Both the implementations of
> basic.get and basic.consume use the amqp_simple_rpc function. Is it
> possible there's a newer version of the C++ client that uses
> RabbitMQ-C's amqp_basic_* functions? Or do I need to build that
> myself?

The C++ library should certainly be updated to avoid using
amqp_simple_rpc, and use the method-specific API functions instead.  But
that is probably not the source of the problem in itself (those
functions are generated wrappers onto amqp_simple_rpc).

basic.get and basic.consume do involve an amqp_simple_rpc call.  But
then further code is required to actually receive the message or message
deliveries.

Could you construct a minimal program that demonstrates the problem?

--
David Wragg
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ