[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Usage Patterms?

Shalom Rav csharpplusproject at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 18:02:14 BST 2011

Marek,

Thank you. I will take a look at puka.

I think I was not successful clarifying what I am trying to do. So
here's another attempt.

Simply, I want my application (which is written in python) to receive
messages ONLY when my application desires to, NOT when messages
arrive.

Here's a simple example:

Suppose that we have ONE parent, and many children that run at the
same time. Every 1[min] or so, each child sends a unique message to
the parent.

Yet, the parent is busy doing it's own work. It doesn't want to be
interrupted whenever a child sends him a message. Instead, the parent
'says' to the children: "just send me the messages -- I will get to
them when I get a free moment".

Whenever the parent gets a free moment (say, every 15[min] or so), it
temporarily stops its work, read the messages, and then resumes back
to his work.

This is essentially how we all read our emails -- we don't consume
*every email* the moment it arrives to us! sometimes, there is a delay
until we get to read a message.

The question is, how can I model the above parent / children behavior
using python?

Best,
Shalom.