[rabbitmq-discuss] Management plugin crash server at startup

Julien Banchet jaxx at jaxx.org
Tue Jul 19 16:50:43 BST 2011

Le 19 juil. 2011 à 12:21, Simon MacMullen a écrit :

> On 18/07/11 20:39, Julien Banchet wrote:
>> Problem is, the management plugin seems to die, bringing down the
>> daemon with it after a couple of seconds (immediatly after start,
>> rabbitmq_ctl status does list plugins, two seconds later it's dead
>> already):
>
> So this turns out to be a bug which can cause startup for the whole broker to fail when mochiweb takes too long (more than five seconds) to start an HTTP listening socket.
>
> On Julien's machine this was happening because mochiweb tries to look up "localhost" as an IPv6 address, and it was taking a while to time out.
>
> In case anybody else is bitten by this, you can download a version of rabbitmq_mochiweb which will wait longer than 5s from:
>
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/plugins/v2.5.1/rabbitmq_mochiweb-2.5.1-registry-timeout-fix.ez
>
> ...although the "correct" fix is probably to have IPv6 working properly, or turned off.

Hopefully you know it inside-out too, and being the only thing affected by an incomplete (though stock) v6 stack, on an isolated machine, I would have never figured that alone

So as we say "Don't need it? Remove it!"
echo net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1 > /etc/sysctl.d/noipv6.conf

Thanks again,

JaXX
arg, missed the reply to all button