[rabbitmq-discuss] Management plugin crash server at startup

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jul 18 21:57:42 BST 2011

Hi Julien.

On 18/07/2011 9:24PM, Julien Banchet wrote:
> release built from mercurial gives the same results, only ditching out
> the rabbitmq_managment plugin gets RabbitMQ to run (tested some
> twitter streams against it)... and I don't see any big differences
> between the one working perfectly and this one, could it be a secret
> dependency somewhere?

I should hope not - the Debian rabbitmq-server package is supposed to
pull in all the dependencies needed by all the plugins.

> I am ready to help as much as possible, and since the VM is empty, I
> could even give access to it if needed
 >
> I could be the perfect noob at times, but I don't understand what's
> going on (and Erlang being total abscon to me I don't know how to
> debug it, even having played with ejabberd back in my teen years ;-) )
> Though I'm sure I hit a bug, I'm just scared to have missed something
> obvious and turn tomato-red-ashamed :-)

This does look like a bug. Somehow the mgmt plugin is timing out trying
to contact the web plugin registry. Odd. Do you have any unusual config?
(Can you post your /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.config if you have one?) Also,
can you post or pastebin the rabbit at mqcache-sasl.log?

Cheers, Simon