[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ -- communicate between 3 different machines?

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jul 18 16:19:55 BST 2011

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 03:12:06PM +0000, csharpplusproject at gmail.com wrote:
> You write: "...This is being addressed by the mirrored queues feature that should be available soon."
> When will this feature be available?

In the future. Hopefully soon, but no one really knows. We should be
talking weeks, not months though. It'll be in the next release, whenever
that happens.

> In such a case, will the use of Pacemaker  etc still be necessary?

Nope. But there are still use cases for Pacemaker, eg pacemaker doesn't
rely on you forming a cluster. Pacemaker can integrate with other
services too, so, for example, you can say in pacemaker than you always
want your rabbit service to be on the same machine as your apache
service, and such like. Pacemaker works well when you have a range of
services that you wish to make HA-like decisions about. The
active/active HA that's coming with Rabbit only knows about Rabbit.

That said, it should be possible to have configurations that use both.

Matthew