[rabbitmq-discuss] unexplained broker shutdown

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jul 18 11:41:17 BST 2011

Pierre-Marie,

On 18/07/11 11:35, PADIOU Pierre-Marie (MORPHO) wrote:
> There are still 10GB available on my server.

Is that after you restarted the server? If so that's not surprising. See
next point...

> Furthermore, we're not using persistent messages

Rabbit ran out of disk space when paging transient messages to disk in
response to memory pressure.

Restarting rabbit will delete these messages (since they are transient).

> Is there a minimum amount of disk space available for rabbitmq to
> run? Like 10GB?

A few hundred k should do.

> Is this error raised in case we are running out of disk space for
> logs (not for messages)?

No, the error would be different.

Regards,

Matthias.