[rabbitmq-discuss] Pika and threads

Alex Grönholm alex.gronholm at nextday.fi
Sun Jul 17 05:26:13 BST 2011

I wanted to use Pika to implement an RPC server using RabbitMQ. I found that
this was however not possible because when I process the request in a
thread, I have no good way to thread safely send the results back. The
IOLoop lacks a mechanism for interrupting it directly. The best I could
figure was setting a timeout of 0, but it might take up to a second for this
to happen, considerably adding to the response latency.
Why isn't there just a dummy signalling socket that could be used for
interrupting the poll?