[rabbitmq-discuss] Problem starting RabbitMQ 2.4.1 on Ubuntu

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jul 13 21:57:08 BST 2011

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 06:04:21AM -0700, Doug Kisabaka wrote:
> {"init terminating in
> do_boot",{{nocatch,{error,previous_upgrade_failed}},[{rabbit_upgrade,ensure_backup_taken,0},{rabbit_upgrade,maybe_upgrade_mnesia,0},{rabbit,prepare,0},{init,eval_script,8},{init,do_boot,3}]}}

Interesting - that suggests that something went wrong when upgrading the
data store on disk from a previous version of Rabbit. If you can locate
where Rabbit is storing files on disk - usually given in the successful
startup of Rabbit - and can pack up the files and send them to us (off
list), I'm sure we'd like to take a look at that to try and figure out
what went wrong.

Once you've taken a copy of those files, you can delete all those files,
and Rabbit will start up fine, but it'll start up with a fresh state and
will have forgotten all messages/queues/exchanges/bindings/vhosts/users
that it had saved (if any).

Matthew