[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq mochiweb and ssl

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jul 12 14:05:36 BST 2011

On 12/07/11 13:57, Massimo Paladin wrote:
> did someone try to enable ssl on the management interface?
>
> I followed instruction at: http://www.rabbitmq.com/mochiweb.html
>
> with following configuration:
> {rabbitmq_mochiweb, [{listeners, [
>                                    {'*',  [{port, 61100}]},
>                                    {mgmt, [{port, 61101}]},
                                    here is the problem ---^
>                                            {ssl,      true},
>                                            {ssl_opts, [{cacertfile,
> "/path/to/cacert.pem"},
>                                                        {certfile,
> "/path/to/hostcert.pem"},
>                                                        {keyfile,
> "/path/to/hostkey.pem"}
>                                                       ]}
>                                   ]}
>                      ]}

You've closed the proplist defining the "mgmt" listener after defining
the port but before getting to {ssl, true}.

I think you need to change

 >                                    {mgmt, [{port, 61101}]},

 >                                    {mgmt, [{port, 61101},

You'll then need another "]}" after the ssl_opts.

If you're in a position to do so, editing your config in Emacs'
erlang-mode and indenting can help make this sort ofn problem more obvious.

I know that the term file format is confusing for a lot of people.
Hopefully at some point we can come up with something which is as
flexible but easier to understand.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen