[rabbitmq-discuss] How do heartbeats work? (was Heartbeat timeout)

Simone Busoli simone.busoli at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 23:34:18 BST 2011

This is something I was unaware of, although I knew heartbeats were in
place. Does that mean that whatever client library I'm using, if for any
reason the client does not respond to two consecutive server heartbeats then
the server will close the connection and the client has to create a new one
to set-up the communication once again?