[rabbitmq-discuss] Problem installing RabbitMQ Server 2.5.1

Matt 11mdlow at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 19:08:54 BST 2011

Hello,

I think there was a problem with my previous post. Here is is again.

I am trying to get a working version of RabbitMQ up and running on my
Mac OSX with the generic Unix version. However, I get the following
error when I try to start up the server:

Archon:rabbitmq_server-2.5.0 matthew$ sbin/rabbitmq-server
Activating RabbitMQ plugins ...
ERROR: Could not create dir /var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/rabbit at Archon-
plugins-expand (enoent)

I have the most recent version of Erlang installed on my machine. I
think this may be some sort of read/write permissions problem, but I
don't quite know how to fix it. Please help!

Thanks,
Matt