[rabbitmq-discuss] How can I use RabbitMQ with monit

Daniel Maher dmaher at milestonelab.com
Wed Jul 6 08:54:19 BST 2011

On 07/05/2011 07:01 PM, Ronen wrote:
> Im not sure what rabbitmq-multi is but this is how iv solved it for
> rabbitmq-server:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rabbitmq-discuss/browse_thread/thread/b6bd0f50e962e43
>
> Ronen
>
> On Jul 5, 7:13 pm, blp330<blp... at msn.com>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I tried to follow this instruction:http://blog.joeygeiger.com/2009/02/25/rabbitmq-and-monit/
>>
>> but rabbitmq-multi is unavailable for my rabbitmq version 2.5.1.
>>
>> I try to use rabbitmq-server, but no any pid file created, so I do not have
>> any idea to do it with monit.
>>
>> So, how can I use RabbitMQ with monit?
>>
>> or no one did this because this is unnecessary?

This is what I have in my monitrc, and it works :

### rabbitmq-server
check process rabbitmq-server with pidfile /var/run/rabbitmq
     start program "/etc/init.d/rabbitmq-server start"
     stop program "/etc/init.d/rabbitmq-server stop"
     if failed port 6163 type tcp then restart
     if 3 restarts within 3 cycles then timeout

Afaik, responsibility for the creation of the pidfile rests with the
control script (ex. init.d), so you should look there for the location
of the pidfile on your platform.

--
Daniel Maher
« makin' plans now to live on Mars 'cuz I got Earth on lock. »