[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ crash in production - help diagnose from log

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jul 5 22:26:04 BST 2011

Bryan,

On 02/07/11 13:13, Matthias Radestock wrote:
> It looks like the crash might be triggered by a rare race
> condition. [...] Nothing obvious jumps out at me from the
> code, so this may take a while to track down.

As feared, a few hours of poking the code hasn't thrown up any dirt.

Do you still have the rabbit.log file from around the time of the crash?
If so, please send it to us.

Also, it would be useful to get some more details on how you are using
rabbit...

How many queues are there? How much queue churn is there (i.e. queues
being created and deleted)?

Do published messages only ever get routed to a single queue or can they
get routed to multiple queues?

How big are the messages?

How long (#messages) are the queues, and how does that figure change
over time?

Regards,

Matthias.