[rabbitmq-discuss] Message management in a cluster

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jul 4 14:16:54 BST 2011

On 04/07/11 13:53, Max C wrote:
> I would like to know how the messages are transmitted in the cluster.
> I mean, is the cluster going to use only the N1-N3 link to send the
> messages to the client, that is to say, the shortest path between the
> two nodes ?

Yes. In a cluster every node is connected to every other node, and
messages are never sent "via" a third node.

There's a bit of optimisation in that if you publish on N1 and there are
10,000 queues on N3 that would receive the message, the message is only
sent across the network once. But that's it.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware