[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq_jsonrpc_channel broken on 2.5.1

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jul 4 11:38:51 BST 2011

On 03/07/11 00:50, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> Even with downloading the proper file for
> rfc4627_jsonrpc-2.5.1-git30c8498, when I try and run RabbitMQ 2.5.1 with
> only the base requirements for rabbitmq_jsonrpc_channel I receive the
> following error and find that RabbitMQ is not listening on 55672:

There are a couple of changes in 2.5.0 that are interacting here.

One is that rabbitmq-mochiweb now allows you to run separate apps on
separate ports, and *in the default configuration* will run management
on 55672 and any other HTTP plugins, including JSON-RPC, on 55670. Look
at http://www.rabbitmq.com/mochiweb.html for instructions on how to
change this (although our guess is that most people using JSON-RPC and
mgmt would rather have them on separate ports).

This was mentioned in the release notes, but I guess not very prominently.

The next release will include a list of all the open HTTP ports and
what's running on them in the management plugin, so this should be more
discoverable.

>     Activating RabbitMQ plugins ...
>     ********************************************************************************
>     *WARNING* Undefined function webmachine:new_request/2
>     *WARNING* Undefined function webmachine_decision_core:handle_request/2
>     *WARNING* Undefined function webmachine_dispatcher:dispatch/2
>     *WARNING* Undefined function webmachine_error_handler:render_error/3
>     *WARNING* Undefined function webmachine_resource:new/4

Yeah, this is a bit unfortunate. rabbitmq-mochiweb now contains some
utility functions for webmachine. They're not used if you don't have a
webmachine-using plugin installed, but the xref check still complains. I
suppose we could have rabbitmq-webmachine, but we already have too many
dependency plugins :(

Cheers, Simon
--
Simon MacMullen