[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ crash in production - help diagnose from log

Bryan Alves bryanalves at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 02:56:49 BST 2011

A production instance of RabbitMQ crashed on us yesterday, and we have no
idea why.  RabbitMQ 2.3.1 & Erlang R14B01

Attached is the SASL log and erl_crash.dump file.  After noticing the crash,
we restarted the daemon and it came back up with no complications.  Hardware
is a virtual machine with 8GB of ram, which leaves plenty of headroom most
of the time.

Any advice about what could  have caused the crashed and how to avoid it in
the future would be appreciated.

--
Bryan Alves
Software Engineer