[rabbitmq-discuss] Experimental RabbitMQ Topology Visualiser

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Fri Jul 1 17:25:53 BST 2011

Howdy,

So, seeing as it's Friday, I thought you'd all like something to play
with over the weekend.

If you happen to be running 2.5.1, and you happen to be have the
management plugin installed (or if not, see
http://www.rabbitmq.com/plugins.html#rabbitmq-management), then you
might be interested in removing
plugins/rabbitmq_management-2.5.1.ez and instead dropping into plugins/
http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/plugins/v2.5.1-visualiser-wip/rabbitmq_management-2.5.1-visualiser-20110701.ez

Then, if you happen to be using Firefox 4 or Firefox 5, or Google
Chrome, then you should then be able to click on the "Visualiser" tab
from the management page, and you will then get an HTML5 Canvas which
displays the routing topology.

This is very much a work in progress. Best results are with the latest
Google Chrome. Whilst none of Opera, IE9 or Safari show any errors, I'm
clearly doing something wrong as they fail to render more than one
frame. If someone can figure out what I'm doing wrong, please say so!

o) Try dragging things around!

o) Try shift-clicking on things!

o) Enjoy that you currently can only see the vhost "/"!

Lots of features are planned, and any and all feedback is very welcome.

Enjoy!

Matthew