[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq_mnesia:wait_for_tables() - make timeout of 30 sec configurable?

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Fri Jul 1 13:13:35 BST 2011

Eugene,

On 30/06/11 15:07, Eugene Kirpichov wrote:
> I'm facing an issue where upon restart of a whole rabbitmq cluster, it
> is sometimes the case that the current "main" node of the cluster (if
> I'm understanding correctly, there exists a notion of leadership in a
> RabbitMQ cluster?) takes longer to restart (e.g. the machine takes
> longer to reboot) and all other nodes fail to start up with an error
> like the one described below.
>
> I looked into the source and found this:
> [...]
> So, there's a hard-coded value of 30 seconds.

See my reply to Chris Madden a few moments ago. Are you in a position to
modify the code and increase the timeout value?

I want to make sure that the timeout is really the cause of the problem
rather than the symptom of something going wrong that would cause
wait_for_tables to wait indefinitely in the absence of a timeout.

Regards,

Matthias.