[rabbitmq-discuss] Pulling RabbitMQ out of service

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Mon Jan 31 15:26:34 GMT 2011

For those of you running multiple RabbitMQ servers in a cluster, what is
your procedure when you want to shut one of the servers down (e.g. for
maintenance) but not disrupt overall service?   Queues only live on one
server so I'm wondering how (or if) you do something to flush out the queue
before stopping the machine.

Now, this is a bit tougher: How about catastrophic failures?  I'm wondering
about using the complexity of Pacemaker and DRBD vs. tracking incomplete
jobs and resubmitting after some time.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org