[rabbitmq-discuss] SASL configuration example?

Eric Smith eric at trueblade.com
Sun Jan 30 10:59:18 GMT 2011

On 1/30/2011 4:59 AM, Simon MacMullen wrote:
> On 30/01/2011 2:12AM, Eric Smith wrote:
>> I've tried to find examples of configuring RabbitMQ and SASL, but no
>> joy. I have other SASL aware applications running, but I'm not sure how
>> to configure RabbitMQ.
>
> Hi Eric. All released versions of RabbitMQ only support PLAIN (and its
> weird cousin AMQPLAIN), so there's not much to configure.
>
> The upcoming 2.3.0 release will be rather more flexible, at which point
> documentation will appear :)

Thanks, Simon. I understand there's not much to configure with PLAIN,
but when I do try to authenticate I get an "access_refused" error in
rabbit.log, and nothing written to rabbit-sasl.log. So I'm not really
sure where to look next. Running without any authentication works okay.

I'm running an older version of Fedora (F8) with rabbmq-server 1.7.0, so
it wouldn't surprise me if the problem is related to the old rabbitmq.
I'm using Python and pika, if that makes any difference.

Thanks.
Eric.