[rabbitmq-discuss] weird timeout declaring queue

Jon Brisbin jon at jbrisbin.com
Wed Jan 26 19:16:10 GMT 2011

In testing the new Riak-based message persister I've been working on, I'm seeing a strange timeout happening that I'm not terribly sure how to troubleshoot.

When I start the broker and publish a message, everything goes through fine. I see all the functions being called like I'd expect (init, fetch, et al). When I re-run the Python script that publishes the test message, it appears to hang on the declare_queue step. I have to kill it with Ctl-C. The only function I see being called in my backing queue module is delete_and_terminate. I suspect I'm not returning something correctly but I'm not sure what that is.

I don't suppose there's a flowchart or somesuch on the internal path of publishing a message is there?

Thanks!

Jon Brisbin

        Web: http://jbrisbin.com/
    Twitter: @j_brisbin