[rabbitmq-discuss] php talking to ruby

Robin Wood robin at digininja.org
Fri Jan 21 16:07:17 GMT 2011

I've just tried with your Ruby and my php from gist and get the following

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'AMQPQueueException' with message
'Server channel error: 406, message: PRECONDITION_FAILED - parameters
for queue 'queue1' in vhost '/' not equivalent' in
/home/robin/comms/gist.php:13
Stack trace:
#0 /home/robin/comms/gist.php(13): AMQPQueue->declare('queue1')
#1 {main}
  thrown in /home/robin/comms/gist.php on line 13

which means the default connection settings in php are different to
the ones in Ruby. Are you able to get the two talking and if so how
hard is it to get it working in the other direction?

Robin