[rabbitmq-discuss] Reordering messages

Dimitri del Marmol tontondimsum at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 13:21:55 GMT 2011

Hi everyone,

I am facing the following problem: I have to process messages from a
queue but messages can be of either high or low priority.
Messages have to be processed FIFO except that all high priority
messages must be processed before the oldest low priority message is
processed.

The 'dumb' solution would be to reorder the list before processing
each message. I could do that by acking all the messages and reposting
them to the queue in the right order I guess...

Is there an established pattern for this?

Dimitri