[rabbitmq-discuss] Unable to get automatic clustering to work

Mark J. Reed markjreed at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 15:24:18 GMT 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 3:55 AM, Matthias Radestock
<matthias at rabbitmq.com> wrote:
> Mark,
> That doesn't look like a valid rabbitmqctl command line. It's missing the
> command, i.e. "status". Also, how come the output mentions slurp@[two different hostnames]?

The missing rabbitmqctl command was just a bad copy/paste; the
hostname difference was just incomplete redaction.  Sorry about that.

I was running the correct command.  And after restarting rabbit, that
same command worked.  I'm just trying to get at the reason why the app
seems to need restarted so frequently.

Based on the other thread, I must have some rogue nodes joining up the
wrong clusters, so I'm going to go across our infrastructure and shut
down and reset everything, then bring the clusters back up and see if
that helped.

--
Mark J. Reed <markjreed at gmail.com>