[rabbitmq-discuss] php talking to ruby

Robin Wood robin at digininja.org
Tue Jan 18 20:13:10 GMT 2011

Hi
I'm trying to get Ruby, using the AMQP gem to talk to PHP using the
php-amqp library. Both on their own work and talk between their own
consumer/publisher but I can't get them to talk cross language.

Before I post my randomly hacked together code does anyone have good
sample code that shows the two languages talking to each other?

I'm new to MQ stuff but roughly what I'm seeing is the channel and
queues are being created OK and messages are being sent but when I
watch them in Wireshark I see the PHP one has a content type of
plain/text but the Ruby message has application/octet.

Any tips?

Robin