[rabbitmq-discuss] Erlang version for Rabbit MQ 2.2.0 on Redhat Enterprise 5.5

Jon Rowland jon.rowland at isam.com
Tue Jan 11 17:39:05 GMT 2011

Hi all,

I'm looking to install rabbitmq server onto a production machine, and am a little confused as to the erlang dependencies. I see that version R12-B3 is mentioned in one place, and R13-B5 in another (admittedly Windows which could be different).

We will be installing version 2.2.0 from RPM on a RedHat Enterprise 5.5 server. Following the yum/EPEL route gives me the erlang version R12-B5.

Could anyone please clarify if this combination is suitable?

Many thanks,
Jon Rowland