[rabbitmq-discuss] Performance question - java

Brian Parkinson parki at whatevernot.com
Tue Jan 11 14:11:59 GMT 2011

Hello -

I'm evaluating AMQP for use with both Java and C++, and have a question related to the Java library - does it share/pool connections?

I am working on a distributed system, and currently we create an HTTP connection, send a message to a server (host/port) and then tear down the connection - there is a slight overhead to this, but likely not affecting our overall throughput, but ideally, we would like to have the connection open for the send, to avoid the cost of constructing the connection for every message.

So, asking wrt Rabbit - if I send a bunch of messages, is there a connection creation cost for each one?

Any help here is appreciated - I'm spending some time looking at performance, as throughput for us is extremely important.

Thanks.

Brian...