[rabbitmq-discuss] Strange RabbitMQ management plugin error!

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jan 11 10:34:03 GMT 2011

On 10/01/11 22:30, Ciprian Dorin Craciun wrote:
>      Hello all!

Hi Ciprian.

>     I've installed the management plugin (and it's dependencies), and
> when accessing it I get the following error on almost all pages and I
> don't see any counters... (But it seems to work otherwise as I can see
> and manipulate other entities: queues, exchanges, etc.)
>
> ~~~~
> TypeError: overview.queue_totals is undefined
> ~~~~

Thanks for explaining the unusual way you're starting RabbitMQ. That is
likely to be the problem.

The management plugin uses a feature (fine grained statistics) that it
needs to turn on in the main rabbit application. It sounds like this is
not happening. This is controlled via a couple of application
configuration parameters. Normally they default to turning this on, and
the management plugin should detect if that's switched off and adjust
the interface (and display warnings) accordingly, but that might not be
happening for you.

What does your config file look like?

Also, why have you done this? What problem is it solving?

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ