[rabbitmq-discuss] Getting error when starting database

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jan 10 15:55:31 GMT 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 07:48:58AM -0800, Oscar Del Ben wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I'm a bit unexperienced with Erlang and rabbitmq. I was able to
> install rabbitmq on my local machine and it was running ok since
> today, when I started to get this error:

My guess is that you clustered it and now it's waiting for the master to
come up before it can resync.

The simplest thing for you to do is to
rm -rf '/usr/local/var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/rabbit at oscar'
though you'll lose all messages, queues, exchanges, bindings and users
you've created so far. If you're just experimenting atm though, that's
unlikely to be important to you.

Matthew