[rabbitmq-discuss] More RabbitMQ tutorials available

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Thu Jan 6 16:25:52 GMT 2011

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 7:29 AM, Jim Apperly <jim at rabbitmq.com> wrote:

> The tutorials are available at:
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/getstarted.html
>
> All of the tutorials come with code samples in Python. We are working on
> translating the samples into different languages and adding to the base set
> of subjects covered (I'm told that RPC is next, but don't hold me to that).

As someone (obviously ;) very new to RabbitMQ I found those tutorials very
valuable.  Thanks to all that worked on them.

Personally, I'd be more interested in additional tutorials than just the
same ones in different languages.  I'm not a Python programmer but Python
was fine for explaining the concepts.  Sure, actual code that could be
copied-and-pasted would be handy, but it was pretty easy to work the
tutorials in another language.

The messaging paradigm is somewhat new to our organization (what we have is
all built in-house), so seeing examples of solving common problems would
help very helpful for people in our situation.

Anyway, thanks again.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org