[rabbitmq-discuss] Stability of repository code

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jan 5 10:18:00 GMT 2011

On 05/01/11 10:04, Henrik Abrahamsson wrote:
> I'm running into some bugs that are solved in the hg repository but are
> not in any release yet. To solve this I'm planning to build and run the
> rabbitmq-server from repository code. So my question is how stable is
> the "default" branch of the repository code? Is it a bad idea to run it
> on a production system or should it be considered just as stable as a
> normal release?

Hi Henrik. I would expect you should be fine; work is done on branches
and then QAed before being merged so the quality level is in general
fairly reasonable. Whether to use it in production depends on how
conservative you are. I would, but then I might be biased :)

Be aware that if you use any plugins you will very likely need to
compile all of them from default too.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen