[rabbitmq-discuss] prefetch_count with Net::RabbitMQ?

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jan 3 15:00:29 GMT 2011

Hi Bill,

Op 03/01/2011 02:18, het Bill Moseley geskryf:
> I hope I didn't miss something, but following the tutorial
> (http://www.rabbitmq.com/tutorial-two-python.html) with the Perl client
> I didn't see how to set the prefetch_count to 1.  Is that possible?
>
> If I have a number of consumers I don't want a consumer that gets stuck
> on a long running task to prevent jobs from flowing to other workers.

Net::RabbitMQ is a wrapper around the rabbitmq C client which lacks an
API for setting QOS at this time. You could try one of the other Perl
clients that offer QOS support.

If you have translated any of the tutorials to another language then you
may want to consider contributing.

Regards

Emile