[rabbitmq-discuss] Naming RabbitMQ nodes with complete domain names

Max Bridgewater max.bridgewater at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 17:49:39 GMT 2011

Hi Alvaro,

I believe you are right. The according modification of the rabbitmq
scripts seems not that straightforward. Here is what I've got sofar:

a) Changed the option -sname to -name in rabbitmq-multi
b) Changed the node name initialization in rabbitmq-env from
NODENAME=rabbit@${HOSTNAME%%.*} to #NODENAME=rabbit@${HOSTNAME}
c) Changed the node names in rabbitmq.config to use full host names.
d) Cleared the mnesia database.

Now, when I attempt to start the nodes, hereunder is what I get.
Apparently, despite these modifications rabbitmq/erlang is still
attempting to set the short name.

Any idea what else I'm missing?
Thanks,
Max.

Starting all nodes...
Starting node rabbit at ec2-174-122-225-215.compute-1.amazonaws.com...
Activating RabbitMQ plugins ...
0 plugins activated:

{error_logger,{{2011,2,19},{12,33,32}},"Can't set short node
name!\nPlease check your configuration\n",[]}