[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP 0.9.1 Specification: Suport for Deliver API

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Mon Feb 7 10:19:36 GMT 2011

On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 01:00:03PM -0800, Prashant wrote:
> I was stuck while trying to use deliver option in channel. Now , in my
> experiment , I am trying to use basicRecover to republish all the
> unack messages back to the channel.

Why? Unacked messages are automatically reinjected back into the queue
when the client disconnects. Thus there is never normally any reason to
use basic.recover.

Basic.reject has more viable use cases, and our extension of this to
basic.nack
(http://www.rabbitmq.com/extensions.html#negative-acknowledgements ) is
somewhat more flexible. But basic.recover is arguably a mis-feature of
the specification and indeed we no longer support
basic.recover{requeue=false} at all.

Matthew