[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ hangs, does not accept connections

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Fri Dec 30 14:02:37 GMT 2011

Dmitri,

On 30/12/11 12:11, Matthias Radestock wrote:
> When the tcp stack notifies the acceptor of an error
> other than 'closed', the acceptor carries on but does not invoke
> prim_inet:async_accept/2 to be notified of the next connection attempt.
>
> I will file a bug for this. Should be easy to fix, though we cannot be
> certain that this is definitely the problem.

Here's a proposed fix:

http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-server/rev/ca0392ca0fc1

I am attaching a tcp_acceptor.beam with that fix, compiled for R15, that
you can drop in place of the existing file. I'd be interested a) if that
solves the problem for you, and b) what error gets logged - watch out
for s.t. like

=ERROR REPORT==== 30-Dec-2011::13:45:01 ===
failed to accept TCP connection on [::]:5672: some_error

in the logs.

Regards,

Matthias.