[rabbitmq-discuss] "How do I...?"
videlalvaro at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 14:40:29 GMT 2011
I think a nice How Do I? would be a "my-rabbit-is-broken-what-am-i-going-to-do report how to".
Maybe that exists somewhere already… anyway…
Usually someone's rabbit starts behaving in unexpected ways and the person brings a report to this list… then Matthias or any of the rabbit guys goes like:
- Can you send in the logs?
- User sends logs… comments he has a Erlang crash dump… "should I send it also?"
- Yes… please attach that as well.
.... some emails in between ....
- Can you please also send the rabbit status…, and run this and that Erlang Command…
- And so on…
So perhaps a TODO list with:
- Architecture description (Which kind of machine… amount of ram… Erlang Version, OS installed, etc, etc,)
- Message topology… n of queues, n of exchanges, durability, etc etc. (Somethings might be relevant at first… some others only after the diagnose process has begun).
- Result of erlang/rabbitmqctl commands that could bring interesting information for the diagnosis (I've seen a couple posted to this list).
- Logs and files to attach/upload if possible: rabbit logs, erlang crash dump, etc etc.
Of course this doesn't has to be a bureaucratic thing that if someones doesn't follow then he doesn't have a proper error report, but it has to be an easy to find guide on how to gather information in order to diagnose a misbehaving rabbit.
On Dec 22, 2011, at 1:31 AM, Tony Garnock-Jones wrote:
> On 21 December 2011 18:34, Alexis Richardson <alexis at rabbitmq.com> wrote:
> The two best people to move this along are both on xmas hols, so
> please bear with us.
> Cool. In the meantime, it'd be great to hear more suggestions from others on the list! (Hint, hint, others on the list!)
> rabbitmq-discuss mailing list
> rabbitmq-discuss at lists.rabbitmq.com
Sent form my Nokia 1100
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the rabbitmq-discuss