[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-server crashes hard while consuming 31GB of RAM

Muharem Hrnjadovic mh at foldr3.com
Wed Dec 21 10:19:16 GMT 2011

On 11/29/2011 11:56 AM, Simon MacMullen wrote:
> On 28/11/11 19:26, Muharem Hrnjadovic wrote:
>> Simon, I plan to upgrade that server to ubuntu 11.10 which would give me
>> erlang 14.b.2 out of the box. Would that be good enough?
>
> Yes, that would be great. Thanks!
Simon,

finally got around to reproducing the situation. After upgrading to
ubuntu 11.10 server and rabbitmq-2.7.1 the latter is using much less
memory (around 3GB). It also does not crash but stays up albeit in
a "wedged" state i.e. it would not accept any further messages.

I see this by calling "celeryctl inspect active" -- it just hangs as
opposed to printing the active celery jobs (and it collects the celery
data by sending/receiving messages).

Just before getting into the stuck state I ran "rabbitmqctl report"
(please see https://bugs.launchpad.net/openquake/+bug/894024/comments/6)
and the RAM usage command ypou kindly supplied (please see
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openquake/+bug/894024/comments/7).

I hope this helps.

Best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen

--