[rabbitmq-discuss] Priority Queue with RabbitMQ

Pranav Prakash pranny at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 06:05:10 GMT 2011

Hi Folks,

I am planning to use RabbitMQ for our an upcoming project, in email queue
purposes. So, we have three main types (priorities) of emails that we want
to send out -

   - High Priority - Must be send ASAP
   - Medium Priority - Must be send within 12/24 hr window
   - Low Priority - Time of delivery does not matters

There are couple of producer processes, which generate message body (to,
subject, email message, priority) and then a couple of consumer processes
using an API call to send emails.

What would be a good approach to fit the priority into this otherwise ideal
world scenario?