[rabbitmq-discuss] persistent connections into rabbit server

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Dec 16 13:32:47 GMT 2011

(I assume by "persistent" you mean "long lived" not "stored on disk".)

No, this should not be a problem; AMQP connections are supposed to be
able to stick around.

The number of simultaneous connections is limited by the number of file
descriptors available - controlled by ulimit on Unix and the environment
variable ERL_MAX_PORTS on Windows. So for lots of connections you may
need to tweak this.

The mgmt plugin will let you know how many file descriptors are in use.

Cheers, Simon

On 15/12/11 19:44, S Ahmed wrote:
> Should it be a concern if client nodes are connecting into rabbit using
> a persistent connection?
>
> At what point would this be an issue?  After 100 persistent connections
> or is it more a matter of message traffic?

Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware