[rabbitmq-discuss] timeout_waiting_for_tables on node that has not changed node name

Elias Levy fearsome.lucidity at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 17:07:32 GMT 2011

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 4:00 AM, <
rabbitmq-discuss-request at lists.rabbitmq.com> wrote:

> From: Simon MacMullen <simon at rabbitmq.com>
>
> Just to be clear, are you saying that resolv.conf lacked a "search" line
> and thus DNS queries for short hostnames did not work? Or something else?
>
> That does look like something we could detect / warn about. Hmm.

That is exactly correct.  The short hostnames could not be resolved, but
RabbitMQ, Mnesia, and Erlang all failed to generate any sort of warning to
that effect, resulting in a bit of a goose chase trying to figure out why a
perfectly good node was failing to rejoin the cluster after a simple
restart.

Elias Levy