[rabbitmq-discuss] A different Processing error in logs

Steve Powell steve at rabbitmq.com
Tue Dec 13 11:57:09 GMT 2011

Dear Toby,
Sorry for the delay in responding.

After some head-scratching (and references to the STOMP spec) Matthias helped
me to see the obvious:

UNSUBSCRIBE causes us to 'forget' the subscription, so an ACK for any messages
after then will fail. But MESSAGE frames can arrive after an UNSUBSCRIBE, so we
need to remember the information associated with a subscription beyond the
UNSUBSCRIBE.

This is clearly a bug in our STOMP adapter -- thank you for pointing this out.
We are surprised it didn't arise before.  I have raised a bug (24623) to track
this.

It also raises some issues for the re-use of subscription ids. The reason is
that UNSUBSCRIBE/SUBSCRIBE can be followed by a MESSAGE frame arriving, which
has no way of identifying the subscription it is for anymore. I'm intending to
prohibit the re-use of subscription ids on the same session.

The fix will probably not make the next release, which is imminent.

Steve Powell  (a happy bunny)
----------some more definitions from the SPD----------
avoirdupois (phr.) 'Would you like peas with that?'
distribute (v.) To denigrate an award ceremony.
definite (phr.) 'It's hard of hearing, I think.'
modest (n.) The most mod.